2018 Catholic Appeal

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions and answers about the Catholic Ministries Appeal

GENERAL QUESTIONS

Yes. All CMA donations help the six local ministries right in our 19 counties.
No. Every dollar of your CMA gift (after expenses for Appeal materials and postage) goes directly to help fund the ministries as outlined in this brochure. If a parish exceeds its Appeal goal, that parish gets back 50% of the “overage” for its own worthy efforts.
Making your pledge over 10 months benefits you and the ministries. Supporting the CMA in installments makes it easier for you to incorporate your CMA support into your household budget. And pledging assures a steady flow of support to these key regional ministries that feed, teach, and heal God’s people all year long.
Only you can decide what level of sacrificial giving to make in 2018. The best way to decide how much to give is the best way to make all decisions: through prayer!

GENERAL QUESTIONS

The Catholic Ministries Appeal (CMA) is an annual effort that provides funding to six local Catholic ministries. These ministries are:
  • Catholic Charities and Social Services
  • Campus, Hospital, and Prison ministries
  • Seminary and Vocations
  • St. Rita School for the Deaf
  • Retired Archdiocesan Priests
  • New Evangelization programming

These ministries depend on the CMA every year to help fund operating needs and continue their great work. The FHL is an extraordinary campaign to address long term needs. The CMA is a yearly appeal for everyday operating expenses of diocesan ministries. The FHL is an extraordinary campaign to address long term needs. The CMA is a yearly appeal for everyday operating expenses of diocesan ministries.

The One Faith, One Hope, One Love (FHL) campaign was an extraordinary effort to ensure the future viability of the diocese and also raise funds for individual parishes. The last time a campaign of this nature was conducted in the archdiocese was back in the 1950's. Of the funds raised through the FHL campaign, 70% will benefit ministries that are not related to the CMA (i.e. Catholic Education and Local Parish Priorities). The remaining 30% will benefit ministries that do overlap with the CMA (i.e. Catholic Charities, Vocations, and Retired Diocesan Priests). However, the FHL campaign will provide these ministries with the opportunity to invest in their vision for the future, and generate significant funding that will have a lasting impact for generations to come.

The FHL is an extraordinary campaign to address long term needs. The CMA is a yearly appeal for everyday operating expenses of the regional diocesan ministries mentioned above.